AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alaska tours
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

GregWCIL
Posted 1/15/2018 17:18 (#6507487 - in reply to #6499773)
Subject: RE: Alaska tours

West Central Illinois

I don't know anything about the tours you are considering. I do know we use TripAdvisor to check out those kinds of activities. Had very good luck with them helping us find the best options.

Find out how much narrative they give during the bus rides and if they stop for photo opportunities (such as when the clouds happen to open up around Denali.) A talking guide is nice if you are interested in learning more about the history and geology.

If it is just transportation, I would consider renting an RV. They are pretty inexpensive there and give you great flexibility. They cost usually less than a rental car plus lodging, but the big savings is on meals. In Alaska about any breakfast or lunch is going to cost you $15.

If you want decent photos get a camera with as long a zoom lens as possible. Unless you go to bear-specific viewing places they will likely be pretty far away.

When are you going? If in June or July buy mosquito headnets for Denali. You can thank me later. Do take the longest bus tour back into the park. They stop for any wildlife sightings and get you back to the best view of Denali over Wonder Lake (if it is visible).

If you will spend the money, a flight-seeing tour over Denali is well worth it. Most fly out of Talkeetna.

Edited by GregWCIL 1/15/2018 17:21

(Denali Morning above Wonder Lake -home page-3595.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Denali Morning above Wonder Lake -home page-3595.jpg (96KB - 134 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)