AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Fireplace Post
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

7720Deere
Posted 1/11/2018 12:35 (#6496442)
Subject: Another Fireplace Post

So. IL.
Reading the last post made me want to get your input on my set up. When we added on last year I had a Fireplace Xtrordinair 36” installed. These fire boxes burn wood and get the air ducted from outside. The theory is that bringing the air in from outside it creates a positive pressure in the house and the blower “pushes” warm air through the house. It can crank out the heat but I have had a few things I’m trying to tweak on the performance. The first minor problem is bringing outside air in severely dries out my indoor humidity. Digital thermostat reads as low as 15% even with my room humidifier running. Simple solution I would think would be to plumb a humidifier in to furnace to better distribute through the home. Main problem I have is getting air to circulate in the house. I’m thinking I need to run a return air in to that room so when I set my fan to recirculate it pulls the warm air out of that room instead of in the center of the house where it is now. I realize every house layout is different and it may be hard to answer that. We just use fans and it works decent for now. Anyway does anyone else have a set up like me and have you learned any tips or tricks using it?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)