AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

User friendly automatic section control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

BHTN
Posted 1/10/2018 12:48 (#6494153 - in reply to #6493302)
Subject: RE: User friendly automatic section control

West Tennessee
hobby farmer IN - 1/10/2018 05:48

What don't you like about the EZ Steer system?

It's just OK is all I can say. It does work and I like it a lot better than trying to manually follow a lightbar in hilly terraced fields. We did this for many years. I got a little spoiled when I got a couple machines with integrated steering and using Deere guidance on them. It is better and easier for us to use, no question. Also a LOT more expensive for a machine without a steering valve.

The big motor hanging on the column creates a few issues. Even with the correct mounts, the column isn't made for that in just about anything. The EZ500 for steering is quirky for us and not as straight forward to use as the Deere 2600 system. I have a post already about trying to load previous AB lines. We just aren't holding our mouths right or something. Someone said that the EZ system was like 15 or 20 years old and I shouldn't expect much. And I don't expect a lot just saying that there are better although more expensive ways to go with steering. We're small so justifying these expenses gets tricky. We do get spoiled though for sure.

I know you said money is an issue in this purchase and I get that but will say that we're miles ahead spraying with the EZ Steer. Not happy with myself for driving it for probably 7 or 8 years when another 2 grand would have let it steer itself. Just SO much nicer and less stressful. Good luck to you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)