AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

In command swath control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/9/2018 05:52 (#6490930 - in reply to #6490827)
Subject: RE: In command swath control

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Sounds as if you are using a hydraulic drive module which controls the planting rate. You are also using a Seed Tube Monitoring Module which reports population, skips, doubles etc. You do not mention a Clutch Control Module which would be needed for swath control.

I have the auto swath icon visible and active on my InCommand 1200 but I have a working clutch control module. I suspect the icon is not visible because it would be of no use to you.

It appears that the planter is an 8 row with one drive. Without clutches and a Clutch Control Module you can not have section control. Your hydraulic motor to drive the planter starts/stops based on the status of the Master switch and the implement switch. That way when you raise it up on the ends, the implement switch tells the hydraulic module to stop the oil flow.

If you had multiple hydraulic drives, each could be assigned to a switch. This would allow the operator to manually control each drive. Auto swath would not be involved.

Some years ago I worked with another AgTalker who had both the hydraulic drive module and a clutch control module but he did not want to buy row clutches. He had two drives and felt that having a system to shut off half would be desirable. I think he used the clutch control module on a different planter in the usual way with clutches. He wanted a way to have auto swath do the switch flipping for him. We figured out a workaround (not supported or encouraged by Ag Leader) so that the module could cycle each half of the planter ON/OFF automatically. I forget the details but some external relays were involved.

Edited by tedbear 1/9/2018 06:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)