AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

digifarm with case ih 2150
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

farmergrant
Posted 1/12/2018 09:31 (#6498795 - in reply to #6498017)
Subject: RE: digifarm with case ih 2150

Heart of Illinois
Yes I have a wheel speed sensor, but I believe it’s only purpose is detecting zero speed and not for rate control; I could be wrong on that. The 20/20 is drawing gps speed to control rate with a wire tying into the tractors radar as a back up (which I have never needed and leave unplugged if I’m using my smartbox insecticide as it needs the same port). I would guess your 2150 will be using gps speed for rate control as well.
As for moving the beacon- you would need every receiver unlocked to rtk and a subscription for each one (I think subscriptions are billed by the receiver and not the beacon). BUT- if your receiver plays on all your tractors, you can take the whole receiver off with the beacon and move it to whichever tractor you want and rtk will come too. Example: we do some spring strip till, then plant with cih Magnum. Take the whole 372 receiver off and put it on the combine for harvest. After harvest, we put the receiver on the Steiger for tillage and nh3. Get rtk for all three machines (just not at the same time) for one subscription. We’ve got waas receivers for when we need guidance on the others at the same time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)