AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Variable Rate Fertilizer Spreader Contolled with FMX (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Fingers77
Posted 1/8/2018 12:59 (#6489105 - in reply to #6488793)
Subject: RE: Variable Rate Fertilizer Spreader Contolled with FMX (pics)

You need the VAR unlock... I think it's $850 now. That is if you want it to read a prescription and follow it. If you want to manually variable rate in you don't need any unlock, you can manually change rate on the go as you wish.

You will need a FIQ cab kit, come cabling, and a rate module. A couple of adapter cables also.

How is the spinner speed set? Pto?

If you change fertilizer rates at all, or plan on spreading lime with it, you will be money ahead to get a gate sensor and use it, I can get you some more info on that. It makes changing gate settings and returning to a set opening a snap. Cranking a gate open and closed again will not put the gate back where it was. Close, but enough the rate will be different. The sensor is cheap. Less than a hundred bucks. It will hook into the rate module you will already be using.

We get along just fine with a servo for controlling the apron chain. The rate may fluctuate a bit when leaving the headland bit if the calibrations are close, it won't hunt for long. I usually punch it so fast, I am near the high end of the valve opening anyway.

My usual accuracy once calibrated for a product is well under 5%. Usually 2-3%.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)