AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Route WIFI signal out in the shop lacking
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 1/7/2018 18:40 (#6487259 - in reply to #6487103)
Subject: RE: Route WIFI signal out in the shop lacking

East Central, Nebraska
yes that is possible. i do this in my house and shop. house has internet coming into the internet port on the router, then i have a cat5 cable running a hundred or so feet to another router in my shop. you may need to know a little about routers. for instance i have mine setup as a completely different network in the shop. everything is tied together but the shop is outputting a different wifi network. i did this so a device does not want to keep switching back and forth between routers. this isnt necessary to do it this way.

the other way would be to setup the second router in bridge mode, which would then act pretty much like an extender.

most new routers today will know whats going on when you plug it in and log into it and will guide you through the different options when setting it up. maybe others can give you more info on how the repeater mode works.

i don't think it is necessary but may make it easier if both routers are the same model. that is how i did it. your on the right track.

good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)