AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS for gravesites
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mx270a
Posted 1/3/2018 18:53 (#6476341 - in reply to #6475943)
Subject: RE: GPS for gravesites

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I have a solution that I think would work for this. I wrote a NTRIP client that a lot of guys on here use. I then added some measurement tools that are part of the 'Premium Features'. One of those things is a grid navigator. In your case, you would set an 'A' point (latitude and longitude) plus a heading, then you need to set the grid spacing left to right and a grid spacing front to back. From there, the software will show you how far you are from the nearest point on that grid. In your case, set the 'A' point to the corner of a plot, and the spacing to the plot size. For example, if you need to locate plot # 10 in row # 3, you drive over to about that location and once the point you're looking for is the closest point, you then move the GPS receiver until you're right on the grid point. This works really slicks if your GPS receiver is on a pole, but it can be done with the receiver mounted to an ATV, skid steer, etc.

The 'Premium Features' has a 1 week free trial, then costs $10/year. If you decide to pursue this option for grave plot locating, send me a message and I'll get you a free unlock.

Your requirements:
Android phone or tablet with Bluetooth
Bluetooth to serial adapter
RTK receiver
Some source of RTK corrections on the Internet
Lefebure NTRIP client with the 'Premium Features' enabled.

The whole reason I wrote the grid navigator piece was to locate the corners of the foundation when I dug the hole for the basement on my house. I used the ATV to set wood stakes so I could see where the hole needed to be, and I could reset the stakes as the hole got deeper. I used a NovAtel Smart-MR10 receiver, which has Bluetooth built in, so I can connect to it directly from my phone.

(20160602_183020.jpg)

(20160608_183854.jpg)

(20160608_190600.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20160602_183020.jpg (148KB - 56 downloads)
Attachments 20160608_183854.jpg (136KB - 49 downloads)
Attachments 20160608_190600.jpg (120KB - 62 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)