AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sleep apnea treatment....CPAPsucks.com
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

FlyinIL22
Posted 1/5/2018 15:44 (#6481413 - in reply to #6479966)
Subject: 90% of people who have sleep apnea are undiagnosed

S IL
This is a popular stat in sleep medicine about the high amount of people who have sleep apnea but don't realize it. Out of the thousands of people who have had a sleep study I'm aware of who were concerned they might have a problem, only a couple didn't have apnea. If you believe you could, it's highly likely you do.

What you do is schedule a sleep consultation and you will take the Epworth Sleepiness Scale plus have the doctor examine you. The doctor can find evidence in your mouth and teeth if you are trying to stay alive while asleep plus ask various other questions. Then if you have never had a sleep study before we would send you home with a kit for 3 nights which will report what happens when you are asleep. Then the diagnosis is done by a sleep physician, then we send the info to your home doctor who we will work with on prescribing treatment.

What your body is doing is powering through the day. There are athletes who perform at a high level with apnea because their body just makes it happen. I did this for years. What got me concerned more than anything was not feeling mentally sharp. I knew I snored, was tired, and had headaches in the morning but I was shocked to learn how bad of shape I really was. after that initial sleep study. You might not be severe like me from what you describe but I'd wager you have mild apnea at the very least.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)