AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sleep apnea treatment....CPAPsucks.com
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

FlyinIL22
Posted 1/3/2018 12:17 (#6475475)
Subject: sleep apnea treatment....CPAPsucks.com

S IL
There were some posts concerning sleep apnea in the Machinery section. I have a tremendous amount of experience with this subject having severe sleep apnea, being CPAP intolerant, and being a nationwide advocate for oral sleep appliances. In our dental practice we have treated thousands of patients becoming one of the leading providers of oral sleep appliances in the world. Plus we have CE courses for other dentists to learn how to treat sleep apnea who travel to us from all across the nation. We have a 95% success rate treating sleep apnea without needing CPAP or surgery. Most physicians aren't aware that oral sleep appliances are the first choice for those who have less than 30 episodes per hour. There are published articles on this in medical journals. Most of our patients are actually severe cases who aren't tolerant of the CPAP (like me). I had 72 episodes per hour and now it's 4 using the oral sleep appliance. This is a very serious health issue.

If you have had a sleep study within the last 10 years we can work with that. Otherwise you would need a sleep study before you take delivery on your appliance(s). Sleep labs are overkill for simply determining how many episodes you have in your sleep. We use take-home sleep studies so you can be in your own bed plus much cheaper, and we used them as a follow-up to see how you are doing later.

Dental insurance does not cover this treatment, and most dentists do not mess with medical insurance. Also most dentists don't know how to go through the process of getting the diagnosis and how to followup with the patients. And finally most dentists aren't offering the best appliances which give those who take this seriously a bad name. We only use appliances that are comfortable, have a 3 year warranty, and allow you to talk while wearing them. I have used many versions so know what you will like. If you have a TMJ issue it's also important to find a dentist who is experienced at treating that too.

Therefore, your local dentist may say "I can make one of those sleep appliances" but it may not be your best option. If you don't want to travel to St Louis area I have contacts nationwide of dentists who would be good options for you.

I'm a believer in sleep appliances and we know we have saved lives through the years. If you are tolerant of the CPAP we will never suggest you stop using it. But we know there are many who try very hard to be compliant with CPAP and going through torture. It's likely you don't need to be tortured anymore.

Travis
CPAPsucks.com
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)