AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

building a webpage: pulling data from a database on another site?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

ak24
Posted 1/2/2018 14:54 (#6473062 - in reply to #6472494)
Subject: RE: building a webpage: pulling data from a database on another site?

Dayton, OH
Where do you store the data for your webpage? I think I know a way to do it with google sheets and a script. Since they have the entire list displayed by default, you could have a google sheet that updates from the website periodically, and just imports the whole table. Then, you could have a second sheet that filters to the records you want. Then you could display on your site using the filtered sheet as the source. You could also do this all in one shot with a script, but I find that sheets is a little more user friendly at my skill level. If your site uses a database to store the table, you could update that table with another script. It will take a bit of messing around with it to get it to work, but I know that it's definitely possible. (NOTE: I just tried it. I think they limit the number of requests from an IP because the function only works intermittently. Makes it hard to test. I'll give it a rest and if I can at least get the spreadsheet import to work I will share it with you).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)