AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

App rate module ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/5/2018 13:15 (#6481095 - in reply to #6477680)
Subject: More

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I talked to a guy I used to work with on this stuff. There would be different ways to accomplish your goal but I believe the following would be the best approach and have the best chance of success. Here's what I would suggest to get a shaft encoder to work with an Ag Leader Application Rate Module to monitor a dry spreader:

1) Get the Raven encoder shown in the previous reply. The Raven Kit Part Number is 063-0171-071. This is the one for situations below 50 RPM which I think should be correct. Other encoders may work but this one is very reliable.

2) Get the App Rate Cable that has the three branches that I have shown in one of my replies. You may already have this. Ag Leader Part number 40000310.

3) Get a Raven Flow Meter Power Cable from Ag Leader. The part number is 2000802. This cable will plug into the three pin Weatherpak connector that I have labelled flow meter on my picture. The other end will mate with a Raven flow meter or shaft encoder. I would advise going with this genuine Ag Leader cable. This adapter addresses the potential confusion with the input voltage and the possible need for a pull up resistor. It should work with any Raven flow meter or shaft encoder.

Edited by tedbear 1/5/2018 13:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)