AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Appropriate age to drive tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Saskyfarmer
Posted 1/1/2018 19:31 (#6471017 - in reply to #6470284)
Subject: RE: Appropriate age to drive tractor

East Central Saskatchewan
My one works off the farm during the summer, so he never really drives tractors. My younger son has been driving since he was 12 on bale wagon and 3020. He knows what to do and has had no issues what so ever. This year he picked up on the new tractor and seemed good as well, we would haul manure all day non-stop from 8 to midnight. I would not recommend doing that until they are well experienced and can handle it, especially if going on road. It is easy for them to get tired and crash, and if they crash with no license, no insurance either. BTW, 95% of his driving was on the road, as long as there is not a lot of traffic and they know the rules of the road they should be ok. I would say 55% of it was in the dark as well, but wait until they are experienced to do that. He says he has passed the police and they never pulled him over, but you never know. The manure hauling only happened during the night basically, the bale hauling always happened during the daytime unless bad weather was foretasted. Just my 2 cents
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)