AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Old fashioned family I guess
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

milofarmer1
Posted 1/1/2018 11:06 (#6469408)
Subject: Old fashioned family I guess

Texas/New Mexico Stateline
First of all we don't watch TV. The only thing we watch is DVD movies from Netflix, a little bit of Youtube, etc. Our boys I am certain watch more movies at school than we do at home.

For Christmas they were given several board games. Several classics like Clue, and Monopoly which they are fascinated with at the moment. They also got a new one I had not heard of "Ticket to Ride" board game. We played a couple rounds of that yesterday afternoon. I actually enjoyed that one quite a bit.

Then the really old-fashioned thing, old time radio last night. Father in law has gotten hooked on old time radio programs on his Satellite radio in his truck. He gave his grand-kids a couple different programs. We got "Sergeant Preston, of the Yukon". The old Quaker Cereal commercials that are included are a hoot. The program ain't too bad. I wish the sound quality was better, as we tried to listen in the car, but the volume was too up and down. One guy would talk and you couldn't hear him, and the dog in the program would bark and blow your eardrums out.

Anyway, felt like the 1950s at our house yesterday.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)