AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Getting fit questions...?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

golfnut
Posted 1/2/2018 22:38 (#6474382 - in reply to #6474359)
Subject: RE: Getting fit questions...?

Central Nebraska

dpilot83 - 1/2/2018 22:27 Mind sharing suggestions for how to dress for outdoor running or biking? Doing it in 5 degrees F is one thing. But 5 degrees F (or even 15 degrees F) and a 20 mph breeze is quite another. No trees to speak of around here.

Wind is a killer.  I'll go outside if its cold but not if its windy.  The coldest I've gone out this year is about 22.  I wore thermal tights, thermal quarter zip top and an Under Armour Infra-Red Heat Gear top.  Stocking hat, neck gaiter, and gloves.  I had to ditch the neck gaiter after about three miles.  I have a few buddies who went out on New Years Eve in -4 degree weather.  They wore similar clothes plus running pants and jackets and kept their faces covered.  It was cold!  Those two guys put on 2017 and 1,200 miles respectively for the year so they were well conditioned for the miles.

If I really want to get outside and its breezy I head to town to run where the trees and houses make it more tolerable.  Like you, I have zero trees to protect me when I'm at home.  In fact, my willingness to start driving to town to run are what really helped me get in shape this year.  The same four or six mile loop gets too boring for me at home.

Running clothing gets kind of expensive but it seems to be some of the better quality clothing available.  I'd much rather spend money on good fitting running clothes than dress clothes!

Biking in the cold just plain sucks.  40 is the coldest I've gone out it and it was kind of breezy.  Froze my rear off wearing similar clothing as listed above.

Edited by golfnut 1/2/2018 22:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)