AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Getting fit questions...?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

jonas grumby
Posted 1/1/2018 11:05 (#6469403 - in reply to #6467785)
Subject: RE: Getting fit questions...?

Northern Illinois
I was an obese 40 year old. I decided I needed to lose weight and get in shape. Fast forward 17 years and I have run 7 marathons including 2 Boston Marathons. When I started I could only run the length of 1 telephone pole.

What I have learned is that weight loss begins in the kitchen. Add more lean protein to beat the always hungry. Burning more than you eat is OK. We have plenty of carbs stored in our fat. Eat more but lighter meals. Snack of veggies or fruits. AVOID added sauces or juices.

An elliptical will be easier on your joints cuz there is less impact. An elliptical will work more muscles. A treadmill will (in my opinion) give you a better cardio workout.

It appears you are in SE Iowa? I would suggest just getting outside. To me being outside is so much easier than a machine. You can dress appropriately for the weather. I ran outside yesterday (I take Mondays off) at -5 in Northern Illinois. I am fortunate to have a state park near where I can go.

Take things easy when you start. Realize you are trying to make a lifestyle change. Think long term and plan on keeping fitness a goal for the rest of your life.

Good Luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)