AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Getting fit questions...?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

farm160
Posted 12/31/2017 20:32 (#6468168 - in reply to #6467785)
Subject: RE: Getting fit questions...?

NE Nebraska
We have both treadmill and elliptical. Both have their merits but require that it's actually used. I tell myself I need to do 15 minutes minimum of one or the other. Once I get into it then I realize it's not so bad and often end up doing a lot more.
For example on the treadmill I'll start at a pretty slow pace of 4.1 and tell myself that's all I need to do, but then it starts to seem really slow so I'll speed it up to 5.5-6 for a minute or more and then back down to the slow pace.
The elliptical uses different muscles, is easier on knees and gets the arms moving and so it's not a matter of which is better -they're just different.
Or go the no equipment route. Try doing planks. Start with 15 seconds the first day and then increase by 5-10 seconds each day thereafter.
Or do squats. Start with 10 the first day with feet at hip width, then a little wider and then really wide. Anything to get moving.
As far as beating the hunger, stock up on veggies and drink lots of water or try hot green tea which has lots of benefits. Watch portion sizes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)