AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra Direct Command Issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/30/2017 06:41 (#6463481 - in reply to #6463140)
Subject: RE: Integra Direct Command Issues

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
dpilot83 - 12/29/2017 09:24

Insight screen is bad so I swapped Integra in.

1. Self propelled Tyler Patriot WT with 6 boom sections.
2. 6 boom switches that are a part of the sprayer, wired into the AIM module and were working fine with Insight
3. 1 master switch a part of the sprayer, wired into AIM module and working fine with Insight
4. I had taken pictures of Insight configuration before it failed so I used that information to set the Integra up (flow control valve, flow meter, boom widths, etc etc)
5. I did not touch Direct Command, AIM or any wiring other than the display harness when I swapped displays
6. I did not update modules when it asked if I wanted to because I was afraid the Insight would no longer work with the modules after I got it repaired. Perhaps that is my problem?
7. Direct Command has 1.14.0. AIM has 1.3.0. Integra has 7.1.0.

When I start applying (fertilizer) the two center booms apply and the others do not. The Run screen does not show any booms on or any flow rate.

AIM diagnostics show 0 groundspeed when I'm moving but my speed shows up in the upper right corner of the Run screen when I try to apply. I have speed set as GPS only.

F1 is master. F2 through F7 are boom sections. All respond in AIM diagnostics the way I expect. E2 and F8 are black in there and I don't know what they are for.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Concerning #7, I would do the suggested updates. It appears the current Integra firmware is at 7.2. I would allow the modules to be updated as well. This should not prevent going back to the Insight when it is repaired. Ag Leader is extremely good about situations such as that. When the Insight is returned and put back in service, you should make sure that it has the latest firmware which will then interact fine with the modules. That being said I doubt that this will cure the problem but I would suggest doing it anyway. With some companies it is not a good idea to update if things are working, with Ag Leader I have not had a problem updating when it may not have been necessary.

You have used diagnostics to check the status of F1 (Master) and F2-F7 (Boom Sections 1-6). They seem to show what you would expect, that is Black when the switch is OFF and Green (maybe a different color with the Integra) when ON. You were likely expecting the locations E1-E4 and the other F's to be gray. Although it may seem strange that E2 and E8 are showing black rather than gray, this is not a problem.

This likely comes about due to the adapter cable between your OEM switches and the Auxiliary Input Module. This is has more capability than you are using. E2 is an alternative Master and F8 would be for boom 7. You are most likely not using either. Due to the adapter cable, the system "thinks" that there are switches for E2 and F8 (which there aren't) but it doesn't matter since they are always OFF. The adapter cable allows simple switches to be used as inputs rather than the more complex double throw switches that would be needed without the diodes in the adapter cable.

For your reference, E2 can be used as an alternative Master if you should so desire. For example, you could wire in a foot switch (old dimmer switch) and connect it to the unused wire leading to E2. The configuration could be changed so that the systems watches that switch for the Master and not the one connected to F1. You have a choice for the Master within the configuration setup. It defaults to F1 which in the majority of cases is used but the alternative is available. A rig actually could have both. One operator might prefer the hand switch and another the foot switch. There could be two identical configurations except for the Master part. The operator would pick the configuration that suits his style.

I used E2 as an alternative Master when I had a wireless remote to test my Self Propelled sprayer. The normal configuration used F1 for the Master when actually spraying. I had a special test configuration that used E2 which was connected to a wireless remote so that I could get out and walk around the sprayer and turn it ON/OFF to check for leaks, pattern etc. So for actual spraying I used one configuration and for testing I used another.

I think the heart of your problem may be that the Integra and newer displays depict the spraying situation a bit differently than the Insight. With the newer displays a section does not show ON in the RUN screen unless the system actually detects flow through the flow meter.

I have applied with an Insight, an Integra and now an InCommand 1200 and have not found that to be a problem but it does appear differently. With the Insight, one might get fooled into thinking that application is taking place by just looking at the section indicators and most of the time that was just fine. With the Integra and newer, the section would not show application unless the section was actually ON and flow is taking place as detected by the flow meter.

So given your symptoms, I'm thinking that maybe you have a problem with the flow meter, its connections or calibration. Remember that when using a Raven flow meter that you need to enter in the meter cal for 1 gallon which would be the Raven number divided by 10. So if your meter is a Raven and the number shown on its tag is 740. Divide by 10 and enter 74 into the Ag Leader.

The fact that you get no speed on the diagnostic screen is somewhat troubling and may be related to the no flow and no boom indication. Possibly the speed number shown on the diagnostic screen is related to using a radar speed source into the Auxiliary Input Module rather than GPS speed, I don't recall.

One last suggestion. When all else fails, build a new configuration completely from scratch, start over with a new vehicle and complete setup even though you may be certain that you have things entered correctly. More than once this has worked for me. Generally the mistake becomes clear after the fact but not always but the goal is to get it to work. Also be certain that auto swath is not active until you get things figured out. Having auto swath active has tripped me up a couple of times. Good Luck.

Edited by tedbear 12/30/2017 06:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)