AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble power cable adapter (66694 to 750 display)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 12/27/2017 10:31 (#6456757)
Subject: Trimble power cable adapter (66694 to 750 display)

South Georgia
I just bought a Trimble 750, after having all FMXs on the farm. I was surprised to see that it takes a different power cable than the FMX does. The 750 requires a 6 pin Deutsch DT connector, where the FMXs use a 4 pin DT connector. I haven't searched for pinouts yet, but the wire colors for wire 1-4 match on these two Trimble power cables. The extra two wires in the 750 power cable go to a 2 pin Deutsch DTM connector (I think it's DTM, I didn't write the number down on that one, and I'm not looking at it right now.) I assume this is for power to a CANBus cable for some reason? Not sure, and I don't have any idea why the 750 would need it bu;t the FMX does not.

So anyway, I have more autosteer ready tractors than I have displays, and the idea was to be able to move the 750 where it was needed without a bunch of hassle, and I can't depend on an employee to bring the cable and find where to plug it in to get power when moving a display. What I would like to do is to make a short jumper to leave plugged into the 750 that the FMX power cable will plug into. I can add the Deutsch DTM connector to the adapter if needed, although I did scroll through most of the 750 cabling guide and I don't see it used in any of the cabling setups.

Does anybody see any problem with doing this? Has anybody done it before?

Oh, also, the FMX cable that I'm referring to is 66694, and the 750 cable is 77282.

Ordering the parts to do this now, so let me know if there's any reason I shouldn't.

Thanks, guys!

Adrian
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)