AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Variable Rate with Ag Leader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/24/2017 10:22 (#6450814 - in reply to #6450623)
Subject: RE: Variable Rate with Ag Leader

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
caseihfarmer - 12/23/2017 20:59

yes you need a direct command, you need spinner spreader module for the spreader assuming it has a drive on it for the module to control, and liquid product control module for the NH3.

Yes, the above is correct. The module for running the spinner spreader used to be available in a single product style but that was discontinued. Last I knew the there was a 3 product and 5 product version. This module will control the bed speed via a servo or PWM hydraulic valve. A spinner speed sensor can be installed as well. It can be setup to just monitor the spinner speed or control the spinner speed via a PWM valve.

For the NH3 sitaution, you will need the Liquid Product Control Module (this is the same module that is used for spray). It can work with a single or multiple sections.

In both cases, there needs to be an input to the system in the tractor. This can be done two different but equivalent ways. One way is to use another module called the Auxiliary Input Module and a separate switch box or toggle switch for the spinner system. Be aware that that a common switch box or Toggle Switch can work but a bit of electronic trickery is involved. Another choice is to use Ag Leaders CAN switch box which has the Auxiliary Input Module circuitry built inside it.

As mentioned, the display would need the auto swath unlock if you want the system to control the sections ON/OFF for you. The Integra and InCommand 1200 have auto swath unlocked when new. It is an option on other displays.

Edited by tedbear 12/26/2017 08:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)