AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AOPA & drones
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 12/14/2017 19:23 (#6429423)
Subject: AOPA & drones

Chebanse, IL.....

When this forum first started over a year ago, some of the posts & talk were anti-drone and how drones would be the scourge of aviation. There were predictions of all kinds of doom & destruction due to the little battery powered flying devices. Many drones were going to be shot down by homeowners that somehow thought they owned the airspace clear to the moon....it came with their property & it was one of the main reasons their ancestors moved to this country!

Well, it's been quiet. What's more, today I received an invitation in the mail to join the AOPA (Airplane Owners & Pilots Association) newly formed "drone pilot" group. I first joined AOPA in '73 but let my membership lapse after about 27 years. I'm very happy to see they are now welcoming drones with open arms instead of threatening to obliterate them from the face of the earth.

It might be a little pricey, but I'm guessing AOPA will be around long after most of us able to read this forum have perished. AOPA first incorporated in 1939 in Blue Bell, PA. You probably don't have to worry about the organization being a "flash in the pan". I suspect the EAA will (or maybe does have) a separate drone division soon or already. I see AOPA does have a 6 month "free" membership if you're a drone student. Not sure of what the qualifications are. You might want to check it out.

Here's link to AOPA drone membership page. 

https://www.aopa.org/membership#droneMembershipOptions

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)