AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Early Magnum steering motor/hydraulic differences
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Alberta Farmer
Posted 12/13/2017 12:20 (#6426267)
Subject: Early Magnum steering motor/hydraulic differences

West Central Alberta Coldest, wettest edge

Still having hydrualic issues with our 7130 Magnum.  I think I now realize when it started and why.  After a cab fire last spring, I swapped out an entire cab complete with steering motor. The steering motor (and cab) are from a later SN tractor and I see on the parts book that the priority valve also changes when the motor was changed up.  The parts break down shows the relief valve and pilot being the same.  But the "check valve" spool which must be what functions as the priority valve being different.  No PN is given for the housing on the early SN, so I can't compare housings.  Easiest solution would be to find a spool and related parts from a later tractor and install into this body.  Does anyone know if that is possible, or is the body different?

What is the difference between the two steering motors that requires a different priority valve?

My symptoms are:
Sounds like it is going over relief whenever a function(steering or hydraulic lever)  is used.
Hesitant to build pressure, but does build full pressure and flow.
When steering is dead ended, I lose all other functions.  
Doesn't improve when pressure is turned down on pump.

tractor has no 3pt.

I removed the spools from the compensator valve on the end of the pump, all looks good.
Removed relief valve, nothing noticeably wrong there.

My next step might be to remove the old steering motor and see if it is rebuildable, it was hot enough that all the hoses were burnt right off of it, knowing the tolerances of these motors, I'm not confident that it wouldn't have sustained some damage.

Edited by Alberta Farmer 12/13/2017 12:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)