AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New ground from CRP, PLC or ARC?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Expensive Hobby
Posted 12/13/2017 13:35 (#6426421 - in reply to #6426129)
Subject: RE: New ground from CRP, PLC or ARC?

NW Missouri
He's talking about when a whole farm was in CRP so there was no ARCPLC election made at the start of the farm bill. Now that the CRP has expired, the farm gets its base acres back, and now he has to decide which programs to put them in. If he had still had other base on the farm when this farm bill started, the decisions would have already been made and could not be changed and his new acres would be in the same programs as his old acres - but that's not the situation.

I am in an area that had poor ARC County guarantees due to some bad crop years. "Here" the thing to do is definitely put wheat and bean base in ARC. Corn is a tossup - up to this point it would have been better in ARC, but that may change soon. I'd talk to some of your neighbors, or even go ask the FSA man. If you have a good one, they will point you in the right direction, or tell you what the majority of people are signed up for in your county. No one around here did ARC Individual, and unless this farm is all bottom where the whole thing is likely to flood and leave you with nothing in a given year, I wouldn't recommend it.

Just remember your decision won't be that terribly crucial, because the farm bill expires after next year. They could extend it for another year I guess if they haven't got the new one passed, but even if ARC and PLC stay in the next bill, you might have a chance to change programs then.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)