AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

oldskool
Posted 12/13/2017 15:41 (#6426654 - in reply to #6426416)
Subject: RE: Alright This grinds my gears(Continue reading)

Dmpaul89 - 12/13/2017 12:33

When you see 16 year old kids driving half million dollar equipment, that they borrow from dad to do thier own fields that they ran rent up on to get.... :) it gives all the others a bad rep.

I actually wouldn’t mind seeing a 16 year old in that situation these days. For someone that age to even have the gumption to get out of bed before noon or the know how to run a piece of equipment gets a rung on the ladder in my book. However, if that kid goes spouting off about how good of a farmer they are compared to everyone else I would be first in line to shove a piece of humble pie down their throat preferably in the presence of peers their age. Usually ask them how they keep cop lower than the farmer they belittle, then ask if they could make the same numbers work taking out an operating note instead of cashing out a cd. It all comes down to attitude, I’ve talked to some multigenerational, multimillionaire, young farmers that I never would have thought owned a quarter of ground from how humble they were.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)