AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FarmMobile vs Fieldview
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

NOCO_Farmer
Posted 12/14/2017 22:31 (#6430020 - in reply to #6427457)
Subject: RE: FarmMobile vs Fieldview

NE Colorado
Case

I think the biggest thing we need to do now at this point is to share the data between ourselves, to work together, and levera,ge our collective power. FBN seems to be doing this the best honestly, and the people their have the right mindset right now. It can always change but for now it's very good.

I've said it for a while now that the biggest problem in Ag is that each of us views our operation as our own industry, which it is to an extent, but it allows companies such as Deere, case, Monsanto, and so on to have all of the power over us. We only bargain with our own information, and there is not much public pricing information.

If they are going to use our collective information, shouldn't we?

So I like the idea of farm mobile. I like all of the ancillary data as well, and I like that it hooks to ag leader and a number of other things... But... There's a lot to like about Fieldview as well for what I'm trying to do, such as swath sharing, being able to draw zones on the map for analysis, seems way simpler to use, cheaper and other things.

Either way it's probably not the end of the world if I'm wrong and I have to switch after a year, but it will be pretty frustrating just because of being wrong.

Edited by NOCO_Farmer 12/14/2017 22:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)