AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FarmMobile vs Fieldview
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

aperezrivoira
Posted 12/13/2017 17:35 (#6426844 - in reply to #6425296)
Subject: RE: FarmMobile vs Fieldview

SA
I know nothing about Farmobile, but I am a FieldView user from the very beginning, so let me give you some opinions about it:

Pros:
- Very nice and intuitive interface, very easy to understand and use.
- Portable (very important).
- On the fly high resolution mapping. You can see the planting / harvest map on an iPad real time. Then you can very easily obtain valuable summaries and stats with only a couple of taps.

Cons:
- In their pursue of dominating most of the machine cabs in the world (aka "feeding the world by 2050) they have been constantly changing the service, the pricing and customer approach, generating a trial and error loop, where the only one that benefits for the user err is them. Example, when they used to claim they will predict N rates with just satellite imagery. I´m not saying this is bad, only be prepared for changes and more changes.
- Not easy to take your data off from the system. I personally keep my own database on a hard disk in shapefile format. This is because I want to have a physical backup and shapefile is an universal format. It also gives me the opportunity of displaying and analyzing the data any way I want to. In this aspect, makes me feel as a tug of war about who the data belongs to. If you take the time to read their EULA, you´ll notice that it clearly states that Climate is the sole owner of the data.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)