AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag leader Integra for yield monitoring
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/13/2017 08:36 (#6425823 - in reply to #6424343)
Subject: RE: Ag leader Integra for yield monitoring

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The other replies are correct. Generally a software program on a computer is used to create maps and summaries which are more detailed than what you see on the display. Ag Leader has a program called SMS which is available in Basic or Advanced levels. Some agronomists and others may have a program and may make the maps for you either as part of their services or for a charge.

With the newer Ag Leader monitors it is possible to transfer information to an iPad running Ag Leader's AgFiniti App on the iPad. There are various ways to use the AgFiniti program. It can be used to transfer information via the cloud to other displays or the office. This requires a yearly fee. I use it at its most basic level which does not require the yearly fee.

In my case, I have an iPad Pro (other models can work) mounted in my planting tractor or combine depending on the season. I have an InCommand 1200 in those vehicles and set up the InCommand to be an access point. The iPad has the free AgFiniti app installed on it. The InCommand communicates wirelessly with the iPad through this access point. When various actions such as switching fields, shutting down etc are noted, the InCommand sends out information about that field to the iPad. The app on the iPad then has a map of the activity on its screen as well as various summaries etc pertaining to the operation.

The iPad can print wirelessly with my printer in my office. This means I can print out basic planting and harvesting maps without the computer program. The maps and summaries are available on the iPad to view directly from it. These maps do not have the flexibility and detailed analysis that is available with the more sophisticated programs on a computer but are often "good enough" for my purposes.

The iPad can be used for other purposes at other times. Right now mine is in my shop connected to an old stereo styem to provide a music source while I'm working in the shop.

Edited by tedbear 12/13/2017 08:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)