AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Liberty Soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

new8010guy
Posted 12/12/2017 23:10 (#6425329 - in reply to #6425151)
Subject: RE: Liberty Soybeans

Southern Illinois
boog - 12/12/2017 21:55

100 %% Li erty beans in '17 and again in '18. Had few that got dinged by dicamba and it was obvious where it came from. ie: one field that dicsmba beans on south half the field across the road, north half had corn across the road. Damaged besns were directly across from the diacamba beans. Only could see slight damage out about 80' and not enough loss to show on yield monitor. Neighbor came to me and said let him know how much dsmage & he would settle up, never bothered to go see him after harvest but if it happens again & there is dsmage you csn bet I'll be ringing his door bell. Had a coup l e other fields basically same, worst was where fields butted together. Ist pass along his had maybe 5 bu loss, 2nd about half t h at & third pass no damage.

I'll let small losses slide as long as it's not year to year. I've done enough spraying over the last 45+ years to know things happen both ways.

Sounds like you have good neighbors and would make a good neighbor. There are some around here that continue the rhetoric of "If you wouldn't plant those liberty beans there wouldn't be any problems" and claim the damage is nonexistent to the point they think they are funny. These are the ones that I take issue with. A lot of situations in this area this year handled the same as you described and for the same reasons.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)