AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader Integra fields
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/12/2017 09:50 (#6423657 - in reply to #6422884)
Subject: RE: Agleader Integra fields

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I run into something like this with some of our fields. My situation comes about since our operation has acquired neighboring land.

Due to crop rotations, some years it is desirable to plant two fields as one. In other words an 80 acre field might butt end to end with another 80 acre field and it may be desirable to plant them as one. Yet other years, the two fields might be planted to different crops. I have gotten into the habit of using a name and the year behind it for a reference. Having the year as part of the name solves some problems but can create others.

Boundaries don't work out very well with that arrangement so I usually don't use them. Using old AB lines often requires that I "show all patterns" which allows me to choose previous ones but this requires that I have given them a useful name in the past.

With Ag Leader equipment, the guidance line is associated with the field in which it was created. This makes it handy to reuse a line. I have had circumstance where I wanted to use the AB line from a field for the adjoining field. This was usually so I could use the AB line that I used to plant corn for planting soybeans in the adjoining field.

With the newer displays it is possible to "show all patterns" and use an AB line from a different field. With the Insight this was not an option. A workaround which might be useful in your situation was to save the AB line to the memory card or stick. Then go the field where you wish to work with it and import it back in. This resulted in two copies of the AB line. One in the original field and one in the other field. That way it was available directly from either field.

You might try that to "move" an AB line to the field where you really wish it were. I'm not sure what would happen if you brought it in using "show all patterns" and then purposely resaved it in the current field with an appropriate name. Some times I get too many AB lines and can't seem to find the one I want.

Edited by tedbear 12/12/2017 10:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)