AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can an Insight control an Ontrac 3?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 12/8/2017 15:06 (#6415182)
Subject: Can an Insight control an Ontrac 3?

We have an old self propelled sprayer that gets used mostly to keep liquid fertilizer from getting on the other sprayer. It has an Insight controlling a Raven flowmeter and we’re of course using the Direct Command to control the various sections.

The Insight works fine. It gets GPS from an EZ-Guide+. The EZ-Guide+ does the steering through an EZ-Steer. We have had problems with the EZ-Guide+ acquiring a signal for the last several years. We actually have several EZ-Guide+ units and several EZ-Steer units and we’ll swap components around and it will magically work and then fail later and in desperation we’ll switch back to the components that we thought were bad and then they will work. Sounds like connection issues but they have been checked and seen good and....

Anyway, I’m just getting tired of it. All of the other GPS equipment on the farm works fine except for the two EZ-Guide systems. So what all do I have to switch to get into something newer? My guess is I would have to switch to an Integra and a 6500 antenna or something but I could still use the Direct Command box? Or is there something I could do with the Insight?

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)