AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What’s needed to steer a JD 9530T with an Integra?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ShopTeacher
Posted 12/11/2017 18:02 (#6422124 - in reply to #6413413)
Subject: RE: What’s needed to steer a JD 9530T with an Integra?

NW MN

tileplow,

I checked on the platform kit to allow you to steer your tractor hydraulically with Geosteer and it is listed as obsolete from Ag Leader, no dice on new. If you want to dig for a used unit the part number you need is 4100950-12. Your Geosteer controller is however capable of operating the steering wheel mounted MDU steering motors from either an Ontrac2 or 2+ or the newer Ontrac3. You can get new Ontrac2+ MDUs straight from Ag Leader or could find a used Ontrac2 fairly reasonable and use the MDU along with a few new cables to steer your tractor. If you want performance that is as close as possible to hydraulic I would recommend going to the Ontrac3 MDU with the integrated encoder, brushless motor, and higher torque/speed. Ag leader has a kit for this, the part number is 4100950-110.

I have one customer running an 8420T with Ontrac2+ and a 2500 on RTK. It does a very, very nice job for what he has into it. I run Ontrac3 and it is a big leap forward. I think the Ontrac3 MDU would give you very similar performance to steering hydraulically.

Edited by ShopTeacher 12/11/2017 18:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)