AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Updating tractors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WItitan2
Posted 12/7/2017 18:13 (#6413160 - in reply to #6412246)
Subject: Perspective........

Pierce county WI
Here's a thought. If you aren't going up in horsepower, are you really gaining? Other than a digital dash and a little bigger glass, there isn't much different between a 4440 and a 4455. Tractor upgrades were a bigger deal when the farmer traded his open station 4010 on a 4430. I bet you can sit in that 8310 all day and get just as much done as a new 8r. Don't get me wrong, if you have the ability and the cash to get the 8r and just want it, do it! I just wonder if down the road you won't kick yourself for getting rid of a peach like that tractor! I don't know what the future collector tractors are, but the 8000 ten series have all the right ingredients for the recipe. Awesome performance, tough mean looks, and a bulletproof reputation. All that on top of fairly low production. I could see that tractor very desirable in the future. With the low hrs and condition, I'm more jealous of this tractor than another 8r that was built during the commodity boom years. Not knocking you at all by the way!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)