AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Clipping tile lines in sms
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/4/2017 06:46 (#6405418 - in reply to #6404854)
Subject: RE: Clipping tile lines in sms

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have done this in the past but don't remember the exact steps. As I recall you use one of the tools (there are several choices) to select the line or portion that you want to get rid of. This area then changes color. I believe they turn black. You then choose the delete tool which hopefully causes them to disappear. Once you get the map looking the way you wish, save it. Print out a few copies for future reference.

Depending on the situation one tool might work better than another. I believe it is possible to use one tool to just select and then remove just a "dot" at a time. In other situations a different tool might allow you to circle the offending area. One that I seemed to use quite a bit was the polygon tool. This allowed me to make a polygon by clicking around the offending line. Once the polygon was completed all the "dots" inside were selected and could be deleted in one step.

Sometimes it is easier to select the areas you want to keep, then use the invert tool to highlight what you wish to delete.

I typically used these ideas to clean up a tile map where my lines extended past another line and I wanted to remove the "overrun". The map would have been useful even with the overrun areas left in but looked nicer with them stopping right at the point where they intersected a main.

I mention to print out a few copies while you are at it. I did this with an early software program prior to SMS with a then current YM2000 display. I'm glad I did since the software is no longer available. This means it would not be real easy for me to make and print a new map at this time even though I still have the raw data. I also marked some special spots and included some notes with the maps that I thought might be useful in the future.

My brother has a project going right now where they are putting in a new parallel main. I believe the installer provides maps of their own now but I could still do them if necessary.

Edited by tedbear 12/4/2017 06:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)