AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra variety tracking
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Allis4ever
Posted 11/29/2017 12:57 (#6395863 - in reply to #6395807)
Subject: RE: Integra variety tracking

central iowa
beansandcorn85 - 11/29/2017 12:15

We have an Integra monitor. We use it as our yield monitor and would like to use it on our planter for tracking varieties. We have a 12-row planter and would likely split the planter 6 rows of one variety and 6 rows of a different variety. We have a 6 row head so I assume it will be no problem for the integra to keep track of each variety while combining corn. However for beans we have a 925 flexhead that takes 10 rows at a time. If I am calculating correctly around 25 percent of the time we would be making a pass with the combine that would be just one variety. The other 75 percent would be a combination of the two varieties. Will the integra be capable of knowing this and keeping track of the indivitual varieties when I happen to be on a pass with only one variety?

first of all you will need multiproduct unlock ($750), and then the corn will work great as you have laid out. However there is no way to do the beans the way you have laid out. The head will assign whatever is more than half the width. But it isn't very likely that you will be doing that much in side by sides in beans anyway. So if you have something you want to check, just combine a few rounds with less than full header width to log the data, then move on.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)