AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What Farm Moms Want for Christmas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Honest1994
Posted 12/6/2017 23:45 (#6411650 - in reply to #6393175)
Subject: RE: What Farm Moms Want for Christmas

Iowa
I’ll give you fellas some ideas. I’m being serious, not being snide, bear with me. If you’re wanting to keep your cost down, make up some of your own gift certificates for her. Like, A clean house, that I didn’t clean. A nice, quiet afternoon where no one needs anything. A meal cooked at home and cleaned up by someone else. The tree put up and taken down. A nice day trip where I don’t have to chase after any kids or such, a good meal out, maybe some shopping. Four hours of your help doing whatever I need a Gunther for. Garden tilling. Driveway spraying, whatever. Nothing crazy.

Or, take me somewhere and Let me pick out what I want. If you want to buy jewelry, go for it. Gift certificates for nails, facials and massages if your lady is into that. Gift card at the place she loves but won’t buy stuff for herself, because it’s “too much”. Flowers are nice but some girls like flowers in their garden better. So maybe their favorite landscape place in the spring. She has all winter to figure out what she wants where.

Does she like music and have a smart phone? Spotify membership for a family of 5 people is 14.99 a month and it’s unlimited downloads for all of them. My kids and I LOVE it. Really worth it vs spending 1.29 per song through iTunes.

We do appreciate the thought, honestly. But there are times we want to feel beautiful and buy some frivolous pair of pretty boots. Think about what makes her smile and that will guide you.

I’m a cheap date because I love a good steak grilled at home, a cold Dr. pepper on our deck with my dogs and my kids. A nice, cool shower to end the day, and pajamas as the sun sets with my family. Or a fire and some dogs with my kids around listening to my kids tell stories or looking at the stars. That’s great stuff.

I’m hoping Santa might let me pick out a different vehicle next year, lol. I’m tired of the mom vehicle I drive now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)