AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gleaner owners, R62 65 66
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

berggrenfarms
Posted 11/23/2017 10:53 (#6383745 - in reply to #6382842)
Subject: RE: Gleaner owners, R62 65 66

Nebraska, The land of corn and cattle

We have a very late 02 R62 Custom Harvestor. After all the mods weve done its basically a 65 with some improvements. 2 series have probably the best visibilty, the AC is ok, but you wont freeze, the heater on the otherhand, Im pretty sure I could cook a turkey in there if I wanted.

The engine is a 8.3 QSC with the CAPS system, take that how you wish, ours is great other than the fact it doesnt seem to want to start well in the at about 30 degrees. Earlier ones had mechanical 8.3 and very early had the turboed V8 Duetz

Like others said, 96 got longer shoe, 98 they got painted. Other than that they are fairly similar. DO NOT get one with the turret auger, ours is and its the only thing we dont like about the machine, its not that its unreliable, probably better than the others at the time, but its slow and noisy.  Once youve had the swivel auger, you dont know how lucky you are until you dont. Ours uses the potentiometers and its much better than the 3 finger switches.

On late 62s you can easily upgrade alot of things to how they were on 65s, we eleminated the top slip clutch on the feederhouse, just changed the hub, still used the same pulley. We also upgraded to the bigger 65 top feed shaft and sprockets. Ours came to us with a CDF and if you can I reccomend it for corn and beans.

But like all Gleaners what really makes them shine is when you start modding them, Hurtt floor kit, feederhouse corner cover, extended helicals, sweeps, 2 reverse bars, shimmed bars on a CDF, lowered chopper floor, high clearance chopper. All those weve done, and it makes it an eating machine, right now with a 6-36 3000 head we dont lose any rpms over just the machine running. Thats going 4.5-5mph in 200+bu corn.  Green beans are no problem, neither is weeds, if the head cuts it off, it will go through without plugging, I doubt weve used the reverser more than once or twice a year.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)