AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gleaner owners, R62 65 66
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

1156versatile
Posted 11/23/2017 06:56 (#6383119 - in reply to #6382842)
Subject: RE: Gleaner owners, R62 65 66

Strathcona, mn
In 96 they went to the long shoe. After that there weren't a lot of updates to the -2 series. Lateral tilt started in 96 with a hart carter built face plate the same size as the small hookup, (I had one), worked fine. In 97' gleaner built their own lateral tilt with the larger hook up plate. I believe in 97 they started painting the machines.

The cabs are nicer on the 5 and 6 series. I have had more electrical glitchy stuff on them though. They went to a canbus wiring system IMO it is more tempermental to glitches. The 2 series cabs have better visibility without the corner cab posts. The larger unload auger is nice but isn't used to fullest capacity until the 6 series when they up sized the auger in bottom of grain bin. The small unload auger was 2.2bpm, larger auger was 2.8bpm, and 6 series with larger bin auger was 4.0bpm. In 07' they started with some improvements working towards the super series and ramped up further in the 6 series. Biggest capacity improvements were the oval housing for clean grain auger under shoe (5 series) and larger clean grain auger into tank (6 series). My 96 r72 woukd seem to max out about 2000-2200bph, my 07 r75 about 2500-2800bph and my 09r76 about 4000bph. The cages were punched for fast pitch helicals in 07' but were not standard till 10'. Sisu engines came in 07'. Same engine in r65-r75. Can make a r65 into a r75 with a reprogram like Eco tune. Dropped feeder housing factory in 09. By 09'-10' they had all of the refinements that they woukd have in small rotor series. Very good combines without tier 4 emissions. I'm personally not a hugs cdf rotor fan. It doesnt worn very well in my crops and I prefer a modified open 8 bar rotor instead. I have a 07' r75 and a 09' r76 with some of dan hurts mods and they won't be leaving anytime soon. I'm hoping to keep them around for a lot of years. I have had a 92' and a 96' r72s in the past for comparison.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)