AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why we should sell spring rallies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 11/21/2017 10:10 (#6379506 - in reply to #6379467)
Subject: Cool and dry.. is a Whole different animal than Hot and dry.

Cool and Dry.. is a whole different animal than HOT and dry.. 2011/2012 vs 2017...

Yipper.. pretty amazing what she'll do given good conditions OR even the LACK of Bad..

... but bad still occurs.. and the ENSO cycle may offer "some" clues... ??  or not...???

just got off the phone with Pete.. good talking to ya.. I'll go get some more pic's of my neighbor's cotton picker.. he should be firing up here across the road in a bit.. golly 40+ mph winds here today.. blowing like a BANSHEE!!

.. no spraying today.

over and out.

Edit add: I told Pete that the dryland was just bascially a "tune up" for everything.. we do it to rotate our dryland acres.. basically to kill the cheat in our wheat.. and it if hits.. "even better"  so we START planting.. spraying.. harvesting.. on the dryland.. try to get the hiccups out.. then move over on the Irrigated $$$ crops where it MATTERS.. and that's what we do.

.. dryland.. usually if it looks good in the spring.. some of my BEST STANDS.. BEST PLANTING conditions were in 2011.. sailed right through the mud holes and got snake eyes..  bummer..  2014 had to PLANT 2.5" to 3" DEEP just to find moisture to germinate it.. "why am I even OUT HERE?!?" and we raise the best crop ever that year.. so.. 

... " you just never know."

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jkMnq2Hfzo )

"When the night is holding onto me..

..  God is holding on."

Yipper I love Kutless's version of King of My Heart.. well said. 

Let the King of my heart..

.. be the mountain where I run..
.. the fountain I drink from..

Oh He is my soul..

.. the shadow where I hide..
.. the ransom for my life..

Oh you are Good.. Good.. Oh..

.. the wind inside my sails
.. the fire within my veins..
.. the echo of my days..

Yipper Good stuff.

Edited by JonSCKs 11/21/2017 10:19