AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why we should sell spring rallies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 11/21/2017 08:45 (#6379379 - in reply to #6379358)
Subject: Not ONLY what price we receive but ALSO whether we GROW A CROP!!

Not only is the ENSO cycle important to my marketing but also whether we grow a crop!!

2011 1 bu per acre!!  That's UNO BUSHELS PER ACRE ACROSS THE WHOLE FARM!!!  The previous four years we AVERAGED 89 bushels during an EL Nino event!! and the prices weren't bad either.. but buying a third of my priced dryland corn crop back for $2.50+ was.. ouchy in 2011/12.. remember it well!!
2012 15 yeah buddy!!  "Well they say we don't get back to back droughts.. hmmm??"
2003 23 bu.. roll'in now..
93.. did okay.. 

but as you can see.. we NEED EVERYTHING going OUR WAY.. to make it work!!

We caught some rains this year.. 80 bu on one side of the farm.. 30 on the other..

but yeah "it matters."  "ALOT" whether we got moisture coming into the area or not.. IT MATTERS what the ENSO is doing for US!!

Ride THAT Rollercoaster.. this year we harvested about 500 acres of dryland corn.. Who Needs Vegas?

This is Topical because I'm putting the Atrazine down NOW on the acres that are then GOING to Dryland Corn for 2018!!  Okay.. committed NOW.. I've done about half of them so far..  waiting on the winds to die down.. and evaluating just how many acres were gonna lay down on the "dryland corn" roulette table...

.. hmm.. La Nina eh?

There are guys who do over a thousand acres of dryland corn.. and then there's my neighbor who's doing COTTON.. even bought the New JD picker to do it.. I may be nuts but I'm NOT THAT NUTTY!!

Dang but it does look good.. might even pay for the sucker this year..  lol.. probably knowing them..  lucky dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jkMnq2Hfzo

Edited by JonSCKs 11/21/2017 09:23

(20171120_155920.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20171120_155920.jpg (99KB - 126 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)