AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ethanol Insider... a question...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

white shadow
Posted 11/20/2017 22:33 (#6378912 - in reply to #6378169)
Subject: RE: can use poor quality corn

East Central South Dakota

rumor has it they have signed some licensing agreements for some of our ethanol technology------so I would assume they will extract corn oil. I also assume they will use the licensing agreements for multiple plants. How fast things change. Some of my favorite talking points against ethanol from the past.....compared to today.

"In 2007, the global price of corn doubled as a result of an explosion in ethanol production in the U.S. Because corn is the most common animal feed and has many other uses in the food industry, the price of milk, cheese, eggs, meat, corn-based sweeteners and cereals increased as well. World grain reserves dwindled to less than two months, the lowest level in over 30 years."----------------with my current price for corn $2.70 I hope I get credit for bringing down the price of milk, cheese, eggs and meat.

"At the current corn price of around $7.00 per bushel, just the corn feedstock cost for corn-based ethanol should be about $2.53 per gallon. On an equivalent energy basis, the cost of the corn feedstock for corn-based ethanol is $3.80 per gallon of gasoline.May 13, 2011"------------ today ethanol is 35 cents cheaper than gas (gallon/gallon). Canopies selling/blending e-15 on their own are making good money with ethanol discount to gas, plus they get the RINS.

All of this doesn't belong to your comment Ray, just had a moment of reflection on how fast the American farmer can change things with their outstanding productivity. Keep our foot on the demand pedal because it is not in our makeup to do a crappy job to reduce supply-------born and raised to grow stuff.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)