AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Skidsteer or tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Somebody
Posted 11/19/2017 00:22 (#6374504 - in reply to #6374330)
Subject: RE: Skidsteer or tractor

Thanks for all the advice. I should be more specific. I only need to lift 2 bails about 10 feet high, to clear the bottom 3, making the stack 5 high. I really like the idea of a telehandler. I got to use one a lot this summer building my new shop, that machine was awesome. Some of the bigger farms around us are going to telehandlers and really like them. We just don’t like the price tag. I haven’t looked into older ones yet as we’re trying to get calves ready to ship. We live in Wyoming and only have 1 cutting of grass a year, so we contract it out, the math doesn’t add up to buy the equipment and do it ourselves. Most of our cows stay out on grass all year with little to no hay. We only have to feed the replacement heifers, first calf heifers and some of the older cows that need a little extra in the winter. We do have to do some mowing around the roads to keep snow from drifting them closed, but I can use my other tractor and bushhog for that. We put very little hours on equipment as it’s a cowboy outfit, but when we need it it has to run. We looked into leasing a new skidsteer or buying a used one as we need something soon, just don’t want to run into a bunch of repairs. So keep the advice coming and I’ll look into telehandlers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)