AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ford Ecoboost engines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 11/18/2017 21:35 (#6374323 - in reply to #6374096)
Subject: RE: Ford Ecoboost engines

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
hd6gtom - 11/18/2017 20:18

Before I retired from the car dealership last June we had more guys and gals trying to trade those pickups off, they were coming in several times a day. I never did get to know why, suspect poor fuel milage might be 1 of the reasons. I did hear a lot of complaining about it. I am not bashing them, I own a f350 v10 myself, just stating what was going on back then. Good luck with your decision.

One thing that makes a difference in MPG, especially with the Ecoboost, is how much power a tap of the throttle makes so quickly. The things have so much low rpm power / torque that it is easy to forget your driving something that weighs 6000 pounds or 3 tons. Those torquey little turbo engines will so easily pull that pickup around like it's something that weighs half that much. Drive it like mpg is the main objective and it will quite easily make over 20 mpg. Drive it like it is fun to drive and the mpg will suffer.
I wish the Ecoboost had the remap system for the throttle as used on Toyota hybrids, set the throttle control on "ECO" and 2/3 pedal is actually about 1/3 throttle opening, although for safety reasons, full pedal is full throttle in any mode, regular, power or ECO. Makes it easier to be gentle on the throttle without actually doing it consciously.

Edited by Jon Hagen 11/19/2017 11:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)