AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shivvers Floor Vs a Brock or any other floor for drying bin
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 11/18/2017 10:12 (#6372865)
Subject: Shivvers Floor Vs a Brock or any other floor for drying bin

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana
I’m 99% sure I will be replacing my bin Floor this summer...

I moved a bin a couple summers ago and this year was the first year I used it to dry corn. It have a Shivvers system in it.

I bought a new floor for it from the semi local Brock dealer. A TRI-CORR Floor. I called Brock yesterday and they said that floor has 11.something% open space for Air to flow up. Looking online, a Floor from Shivvers has 23% open space for Air to flow.

I have had trouble getting corn to dry anywhere near as quick as the system is rated to run. But in all fairness I’m new to running this and have had varying grain depths and varying moisture’s going in. My bin produces no steam out the top like a neighbors does and I’m running it at 160 degrees. I can’t remember what my static pressure Guage was at but I think 4.5?

I am running the same fans as the original owner and am running Sukup single stage burners. I think I doubled the number of roof vents and am willing to add more if that’ll help. I think I have 9 now?

I scrapped out the original floor when we tore it down because it sagged a little and I thought the smart thing to do was to start off with a new floor... I honestly have no idea what type of floor the original owner had.

I’m wondering if I need to pony up the money for a Shivvers Floor.

Edited by GrainTrader 11/18/2017 12:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)