AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1st gun
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Southern Farmer
Posted 11/18/2017 13:17 (#6373241 - in reply to #6372847)
Subject: RE: 1st gun

West Texas

Sentimental value, oh how that comes home. My day was a deputy sheriff back in the 50's and he kept a lot of guns. He had a 45 revolver that he said I could have when I grew up.  Later own there was a deputy that really wanted that gun so daddy traded fro another gun. He then went to Montgomery Wards and bought an old WWII mauser and said that I could have that.  While I was in the Army, he loaned it to a cousin in New Mexico. Several years later I saw the cousin and asked for the rifle. He told me that Daddy had given him the rifle. Mother was there and told him that she remembered Daddy telling him that the rifle was mine but he could use it while I was in the Army. He reluctantly handed it over to me. I used that old 7.65 for many years  and it brought home many deer. I later took it to a gunsmith to have a scope put on it.  The gunsmith took one look at it and told me that it wasn't worth putting a scope on it. I related the history to it and he then asked what scope would I like.  It's in my gun safe today and I very seldom take it out. It will be passed on to one of my grandsons. No, it will not be traded or loaned out to anyone. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)