AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New idea apron chain tightness
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

PJB
Posted 11/18/2017 08:06 (#6372611 - in reply to #6371995)
Subject: RE: New idea apron chain tightness

Hardin County, Iowa
We had a 3626 and it did not have the slots to use as guides for tightening the chain. On the 3732 we bought later it did have the slots. On the 3626 the manual stated that "The conveyor should be adjusted so that the fourth conveyor bar from the feed shaft is the first to make contact with the frame slide". That is the fourth bar from the back on the underside of the spreader should be the first to touch the slides. I had to go to the shop to look in our old maintenance guide. I sent the manual along when we traded but had this little booklet with the instructions. Paul

Edit to add: After posting, I see that you do have the slots. It may seem like a lot, but it's important to maintain a properly adjusted chain on those spreaders - at least that's been our experience after having to pick up chain links from the field after I let the chain get too slack. The spreader unloaded the whole load but dropped the links and bars after they came around the drive cogs at the back. Our 3626 was purchased new in 1991 so is probably a lot older than yours.

Edited by PJB 11/18/2017 08:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)