AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why Do You Farm?????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

illinois-kris
Posted 11/18/2017 00:57 (#6372298 - in reply to #6371397)
Subject: RE: Why Do You Farm?????

IL
At first it was sense of duty to keep the family farm with a family member operating it when my dad broke his back. I traveled welding and made much better money at it. Always planned on going back to welding once the old man got better. That never happened and he died of cancer this spring. To know he died at peace with the world, knowing a 6 generation family legacy is in capable hands, is one gift I could give him money can't buy.

When I fire up the 4840 and head to the field I can get a little nostalgic of playing with monster trucks in the floorboard as dad or grandpa worked dirt. The first time they folded down an arm rest and I got a seat to see what was going on. The first time i got to take the wheel and saw a proud look on my dads face.

Today I farm because I'm greatful for the life farming has provided my family. To me gratitude is an action, take care of what it is I'm greatful for and pass it on. I may not be rich in the sense of worldly possessions, but I am indeed rich in relation to the life I'm able to lead.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)