AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

BRSV problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

farmforever
Posted 11/17/2017 22:30 (#6372185 - in reply to #6371944)
Subject: RE: BRSV problem

Central MN
Starting I would say mid September is when the respiratory issues started. At that time we were spot treating a few. Part way through October is when we started the crumbles at 1 gram per 100 lbs for 5 days. Seemed to help but they started having a little cough again about a week later so put em back on. Again they seemed better for awhile. Two weekends ago I knew they needed to be reimplanted so plan was to do it the following weekend. They seemed better at that time as a whole. (We were cleaning pens that weekend.) I treated one that weekend. Plan was to run calves through the chute Saturday but grinder broke down and combine broke down. So come Sunday morning uncle called said a calf died over night and one didn't look so good. We went there after church and 3 had died. After we finished at 2:30 the 4th one died. I was honestly expecting to lose a couple more. Calves were being treated throughout the week. Just this past weekend I did everything sunday. Most of our big chute work is done during the weekend that's when I'm home from school. My family all works out. "He" I talked the doctor at our school in charge of the diagnostics lab. Right now his opinion is he thinks the BRSV has been a smoldering problem and the histophilus and the p. Multocida are probably secondaries he said there was evidence they might of had mannhaemia as well but suspects the crumbles probably helped with that. He said big thing now is diet and keeping them dry. Not a big fan of mass treating. But he said ceftiofurs and baytril Is what were limted too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)