AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stealing GPS Out of a NH Tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/17/2017 14:47 (#6371299 - in reply to #6370496)
Subject: RE: Stealing GPS Out of a NH Tractor

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
caseihfarmer - 11/17/2017 06:20

yes. depending on age of the tractor you can either plug into diagnostic port on the nav (9 pin serial) or if the tractor is very new you will find when you take the cover off behind the seat and your turned around in the seat facing backwards off to your right is a duetsch connector. it is kind of hidden up there pretty good. this is a better way to get nmea out anyhow, though the 372 way would have worked, this will give you terrain corrected data. if it has the 9 pin serial diagnostic port you can pretty much just use a standard old computer cord to run to the agleader harness. if it is the newer style you will use the same plug you were going to on the 372.

I agree with the above. The tractors I had with Nav's in them had the 9 pin serial diagnostic port in their wiring harness and I used it to pipe GPS out of the Nav into an Ag Leader display. As stated above this is actually better than going to GPS itself directly since it is terrain compensated.

This was with the add on Octopus cable from Trimble. Newer factory harnesses may not have the 9 pin connector but have a Deutsch connector that accomplishes this with the correct adapter cable to the Ag Leader. With the 9 pin style, it was a good idea to clip all male pins except for 2,3 & 5. The reason being that the Ag Leader sends out power/ground for an external GPS on Pins 4 & 6. This could cause a problem by backing feeding another device not intending to get power that way.

This output needs to be turned ON through the Nav display and set up with the proper messages for the Ag Leader display.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)