AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra and 440 Raven
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/17/2017 15:00 (#6371315 - in reply to #6370342)
Subject: RE: Integra and 440 Raven

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I replied to this on Machinery talk.

Concerning the App Rate module. It could be used two different ways with NH3 but neither would provide section control.

1) the flow meter cable could have a tee placed in it so the flow information still goes to the Raven as before but also goes to the Ag Leader display. The Raven would still control the rate and sections on the bar as before. The Ag Leader display would show an application map, the rate and other totals but would not be involved with controlling the NH3.

2) If the Raven is new enough that it has a 9 pin serial port, then a special cable can be connected to the Ag Leader Application Rate module for communication between the two devices. The rate being applied, sections on etc can then be displayed on the Ag Leader. This is a more accurate map since it would correctly show which sections (if a multi-section NH3 bar) are on and the applied rate. The rate can be changed on the Ag Leader display which will be sent to the Raven Rate 1 register. This means the desired rate is changed on the Ag Leader rather than then on the Raven. This rate could be set manually by the operator or come from an Rx on a memory stick which is inserted into the Ag Leader. This would NOT perform section control as this would still be handled by the Raven.

As mentioned, it would be possible to use the display and switchbox from the planter and use a Liquid Product Control module instead of the Clutch Module. Ag Leader does have a cable that allows this to connect to a Raven 440 display cable in place of a 440. In fact I have one that I no longer use and would be willing to part with it.

I have two Liquid modules but I need both of them so they are not for sale.

Edited by tedbear 11/18/2017 07:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)