AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for long term care insurance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

jame
Posted 11/17/2017 23:16 (#6372235 - in reply to #6369565)
Subject: RE: Looking for long term care insurance

Central Iowa
I work as a maintenance manager for an assisted living facility here in central Iowa.

If you're playing the odds, here's some things I've picked up:

If you make it past 60 without any major health malfunctions, odds are in your favor to make it past 80.

70% of all people die at home.

The more you move, the better you are. It's not the longevity that counts, it's the vitality.

Assisted living will cost between $4500-$6000/month. Dementia care will run between $6000-$9000/month.

Here in central Iowa, 2 hours per day/5 days per week of in home health care will only cost between $1000-$2500/month. Keep in mind that you'll still have to pay for utilities and groceries, which are included in facility care., BUT, you're in your own home. That matters.

Details matter, too. Toiletting, showering, med managing, pets, wheelchair assistance, even special laundry requests can add up. Fast.

Getting old doesn't have to suck. Just as it's always been, have a positive attitude and a smile on your face. As 58 year old guy that's helping folks get along in life, I can tell you I jump a little faster, and service is more prompt and thorough if you're not an A-hole. Just because you're old doesn't mean I have to like you.

I'm lucky. Our residents a pretty great folks, by and large. And I have to believe that they maintain their vitality because of that positive vibe.

Edited by jame 11/17/2017 23:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)